Terms & Conditions for Searchers
(1) The www.findafamilyroom.com website, and any mobile application for the website (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Find a Room Ltd, 17 Branby Avenue, East Morton, Keighley BD20 5WG.
(4) Find a Room Ltd does not authorise anyone to register with this site unless they are able to enter into legally binding contracts.
(5) Find a Room Ltd may revise these Searcher Ts&Cs at any time by posting an updated version to this web page. You should visit this page periodically to view the most current Searcher Ts&Cs because they are binding on you.
- The Basics
(1) This Site is a place where Searchers can view advertising of, and obtain information about, hotels with family accommodation (“hotels”). We may also offer links to hotel websites/online booking services to allow Searchers to communicate with the hotels and to enter into individual booking agreements.
(2) The Site acts only as a venue for users to interact, and Find a Room Ltd is not, and does not become, party to any contractual relationship between the Searcher and the Hotel, and does not mediate between the Searcher and the Hotel in the event of any dispute arising between them.
- Hotel Listings and Interaction with Hoteliers
(1) Hoteliers are entirely responsible for all of the information, including images, text and other content, relating to the Hotels they offer (“Listings”), for updating them and ensuring (where relevant) that they are correctly translated. Thus, where a listing is linked to an automated translation facility, such as Google Translate, it is the Hotelier’s responsibility to ensure that the resulting translation is accurate, and to correct any deficiencies in it.
(2) If a Searcher finds a Hotel in which they are interested, they can send an e mail direct to the Hotel via the e mail link or contact the Hotel through their website link, without having to log in to the Site for the purpose.
(3) Find a Room Ltd has no responsibility for, or involvement in, the communications between the Hotelier and the Searcher.
- Registration and establishing an Account
(1) Should Searchers wish to use services available to them on the site other than simply making an enquiry, they must register with the site. Find a Room Ltd does not authorise anyone to register with Site unless they are able to enter into legally binding contracts. As a result of successfully completing the registration process, the Searcher obtains a user account for the site (an “Account”).
(2) To obtain an Account, a Searcher must follow all of the instructions given by Find a Room Ltd during the registration process. A Searcher can sign up for an account using a personal email address.
(3) An Account includes, amongst other things:
- A dedicated profile page. Personal profiles pages display a user’s name as a mandatory field. Other personal information is optional and it will remain at the discretion of the Searcher.
- Save favourite Hotels;
- Create lists;
- Place reviews of Hotels;
- Share favourite properties or lists with others, such as friends and family and social networks.
Any Hotel reviews which the Searcher submits is made publicly available to other users of the Site and can also be seen by other internet users not registered on the Site, for example, it may show up in Google search engines.
- Rights and obligations of Find a Room Ltd
(1) Find a Room Ltd shall use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that depictions on the site of the photos of the Properties that Hoteliers have submitted to Find a Room Ltd are as true and accurate a representation of those photos as practicable. However, you acknowledge that deviations from original photos can occur when scanning non-digital images, and due to individual screen settings.
(2) Further, you also acknowledge that Hoteliers – and not Find a Room Ltd – are responsible for the accuracy with which the photos depict the relevant Property.
(3) Find a Room Ltd may occasionally undertake upgrades and maintenance of the site, its platforms and systems. These works may result in restrictions on the usage. Find a Room Ltd will, where possible, aim to ensure that works that cause any such restriction are undertaken at a time when most Searchers’ usage is least affected.
(4) You acknowledge that Find a Room Ltd is not responsible for checking the identity, or for the behaviour, of Hoteliers or for establishing the nature, condition or existence of a Hotel.
- Intellectual Property and Related
(1) All content that appears on this site, and the site itself, is protected by copyright and database rights. Reproduction of the site, in whole or in part, including the copying of text, graphics or designs, is prohibited.
(2) Where a Searcher submits to or transmits through the site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems any content of any type, including text or images, the Searcher undertakes that he/she has the right to do so, and has been granted the necessary consent by any persons featured (’model release’) or Hoteliers of featured items (’property release’).
(3) To the extent that Searchers’ reviews or other content may contain trade marks or other proprietary names or marks, Searchers undertake that they have the right to do so.
(4) By submitting reviews to the site, Searchers authorise Find a Room Ltd to use them both on the site and in separately published form.
- Searchers’ Accounts, Communications and Reviews
(1) Searchers must provide only accurate and truthful information concerning their identity in their Accounts and profile pages, and any other communications on the Site, including reviews of Hotels.
(2) Searchers are required to keep their Account login details secret and not to pass them on to third parties or allow them to be used to provide shared access, for example over a network. Searchers should use a password which is unique to their use of the Site – they must not use the same password as is used for another site. Find a Room Ltd will never ask Searchers to disclose these details. If you are contacted by third parties and asked for Account login details, under no circumstances should you impart any of those details, but must immediately notify Find a Room Ltd of the occurrence by e mail or post to 17 Branby Avenue, East Morton, Keighley BD20 5WG. In addition, should you notice that your account is being used by an unauthorised third party, you should immediately report the matter to Find a Room Ltd and change your password.
(3) Messages sent via Find a Room Ltd’s systems should only relate to genuine enquiries. We do not tolerate spam or unsolicited commercial electronic communications of any kind. It is prohibited to misuse Find a Room Ltd’s systems, such as by sending unsolicited commercial communications (spam) or disclosing personal information of users to a third party, unless you have the express permission from the user. You agree that you will protect other users’ personal information with the same degree of care that you protect your own confidential information (using at minimum a reasonable standard of care), and you assume all liability for the misuse, loss, or unauthorised transfer of such information.
(4) Searchers may post their reviews of Hotels on the site. The Hotelier is given the opportunity to view Reviews, and to respond to them.
(5) Please note that Find a Room Ltd does not, and realistically does not have the ability to, verify the accuracy or otherwise of Searcher Reviews or Hotelier Responses.
(6) In the event that any Review appears on the site but fails to conform to the Content Guidelines, then without prejudice to any other available remedies, Find a Room Ltd shall be entitled immediately to remove from the site the relevant non-conforming Review.
(7) Find a Room Ltd does not generally conduct identity checks. If Searchers suspect that the Hotelier has supplied false information, they are invited to notify Find a Room Ltd by e mail or post to 17 Branby Avenue, East Morton, Keighley BD20 5WG.
You agree to indemnify and hold Find a Room Ltd harmless against any claims by third parties brought against Find a Room Ltd arising out of or in connection with: (a) any material or content you provide to the Site; (b) your use of any content on the Site; or (c) any breach by you of these Searcher Ts&Cs. Find a Room Ltd will provide notice to you promptly of any such claims.
The Searcher shall not directly or indirectly:
- With respect to the site, its content, and databases comprised in the site, in any form, whether by using automatic devices or manual processes, exploit, copy, distribute, reproduce, edit, translate, make publicly accessible or decompile any of the same;
- Monitor content on the site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems by means of robots, spiders, or other automatic instruments; provided, however, that a limited exception from the foregoing exclusion is provided to general purpose internet search engines (not including any website or search engine or other service that provides hotel listings, or any subset of the same, or other services that compete with the site or Find a Room Ltd) and non-commercial public archives that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Site, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with Find a Room Ltd’s robots.txt file;
- Use the site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems for purposes other than those referred to in these Searcher Ts & Cs;
- Reproduce any portion of the site on another website or otherwise, using any device including, but not limited to, use of a frame or border environment around the site, or any other framing technique to enclose any portion or aspect of the site, or mirror or replicate any portion of the site;
- Upload or send to the site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems any contents or programs, which on account of their size or nature, might damage Find a Room Ltd’s computers or networks;
- Include content on the site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems that breaches any applicable criminal or other laws, or encourages any such breach;
- Use or access the Site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems in any way that might endanger any computer system or network, including by making available any virus (for which purpose, “virus“ includes any program introduced into a system deliberately which carries out a useless and/or destructive function, such as displaying an irritating message or systematically over-writing the information on a user’s hard disk);
- Post or transmit information that is in any way false, fraudulent, or misleading, or engage in any act that may be considered “phishing” (whether primary, secondary or other) or that would give rise to criminal or civil liability;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, indecent, inflammatory, sexually explicit, pornographic or profane material; or
- Refer to Find a Room Ltd in any way that might lead someone to believe that the Searcher or any website is sponsored by, affiliated with, or endorsed by Find a Room Ltd.
- Right to delete content
Searchers are responsible for ensuring that their communications, and content posted, through or in connection with the site, including Reviews and communications with Hoteliers, do not infringe the law, the rights of any person or entity, or contain false information, personal insults, anything slanderous or defamatory, anything that infringes copyright, data protection law or the Content Guidelines . Find a Room Ltd may monitor any data on the Site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems and delete it or alter it when it is no longer accurate or up-to-date. Without prejudice to any other available remedies, Find a Room Ltd shall be entitled immediately to remove from the site any communications or content that infringes these requirements, and to suspend or prevent the usage of any related Account.
(1) Messages are to be sent to Find a Room Ltd by e mail or post to 17 Branby Avenue, East Morton, Keighley BD20 5WG.
(2) Notifications of copyright infringement must contain:
- Your postal address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Precise details about the content in question (insertion of the text or image) including a link to the website;
- A signed declaration in lieu of an oath, which evidences that you:
o Hold the exclusive rights to use the work;
o Have not authorised the use of the material in question in this form.
- Liability of Find a Room Ltd
In no event will Find a Room Ltd be liable for any lost profits or any indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or punitive damages arising out of, based on, or resulting from the site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems, any materials or content you submit to the Site, and your use of the Site and/or any transaction between users, even if Find a Room Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These limitations and exclusions apply without regard to whether the damages arise from breach of contract, negligence or any other cause of action. If you are dissatisfied with the site or Find a Room Ltd’s platform or systems, you do not agree with any part of these Searcher Ts & Cs, then your sole and exclusive remedy against Find a Room Ltd is to discontinue using the site. Nothing in these Searcher Ts & Cs shall exclude or restrict Find a Room Ltd Group ‘s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence; nor for Find a Room Ltd’s fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
(1) These Searcher Ts & Cs, and the relationship between the Hotelier and Find a Room Ltd, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
(3) Find a Room Ltd recommends that you save your own copy of these Searcher Ts & Cs in a separate file on your device or in print-out form.
(4) Find a Room Ltd’s failure to act with respect to a breach of these Searcher Ts & Cs by the Searcher or others does not waive Find a Room Ltd’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
(5) The headings to the Clauses are for ease of reference only and do not affect the interpretation or construction of these Searcher Ts & Cs.
(6) The invalidity of one or more provisions of these Searcher Ts & Cs shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.